- Rebuilding Goonhilly Earth Station - IET Lecture, Birkenhead, UK
- Australian Space Industry Conference, Melbourne & Geelong, Australia
- Avalon Air Show, Geelong, Australia
- 6th South Australia Space Forum, Adelaide, Australia
- International Astronautical Congress 2018, Bremen, Germany
- APSCC 2018, Jakarta, Indonesia
- SIAA Space Industry Forum, Brisbane, Australia
- IBC 2018, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- GES Year 12 Summer School: 22 pupils from schools around the country participated in our annual summer school.
- Farnborough Airshow 2018: Goonhilly staff attended the show for the entire week.
June 2018 - Your Space Career - Student Open Afternoon
On the afternoon of 20th June, we opened our doors for university students from across the country to find out more careers in the space sector.
- SSPI UK/Goonhilly/SWCoESA networking: "Traditional satellite markets for space exploration"
- Groundwork Schools event: Schools were invited to bring KS4 students to a special science and art event at Goonhilly Earth Station.
- TechConnect with Software Cornwall: In line with the release of the 2018 UK Tech Nation report together with Software Cornwall we hosted over 100 delegates the fourth Tech Connect event for Cornwall’s Tech Community, alongside a Tech Jam for young people.
- Cornwall STEM Showcase event, Truro College: Goonhilly staff were at the STEM showcase to network with teachers and other STEM ambassadors, as well as showcase outreach activities related to space and satellite technology.
- Small scale manufacturing for (aero)space: Together with AeroSpace Cornwall, Goonhilly hosted a workshop on identifying the requirements and sector needs for space related manufacturing in Cornwall.
- Satellite 2018, Washington
- Year 10 Work Experience week
- Cornwall Business Show
- Course co-hosted by Catena Space and Scisys: Introduction to Space Mission Operations
February 2018 - SpaceTech SW 2018 business programme, Exeter Science Park
Together with SWCoESA and SETsquared Exeter, Goonhilly staff launched the second cohort of SpaceTech entrepreneurs.
January 2018 - Astronaut Day at Goonhilly Earth Station
Over 200 local students came to Goonhilly to meet and be inspired by Dr Suzie Imber, Associate Professor in space physics at the University of Leicester, and winner of "Astronauts: Do you have what it takes?" on BBC Two.
- Superfast Business Cornwall: 120 delegates attended Superfast Business Cornwall's "Connect to the Future - Use digital technology to boost your business communication" event at Goonhilly Earth Station.
- Bloodhound SSC VIP Day: Goonhilly staff also welcomed old and new connections at our stand at the Bloodhound SSC VIP Day on 26th October at Cornwall Airport Newquay.
- SpaceTech SW 2017 Launch: Stakeholders from across the Southwest came to Goonhilly to be part of the launch of the Spacetech SW 2017 incubation cohort. Four start-ups were welcomed by the region, including entrepreneurs from Falmouth, Exeter, Warrington, and even Novosibirsk in Russia. The cohort then embarked on a three day programme run by SETsquared Exeter, focusing on space & satellite technology, business practices and practising their pitches. The incubator is run by the South West Centre of Excellence in Satellite Applications, and funded by the UK Space Agency.
- IBC Amsterdam: Several Goonhilly staff including three of our directors attended the media, entertainment and technology show in Amsterdam. Together with the Cornwall AeroSpace Development Programme, we hosted a gin & tonic reception on our stand, which was a great success. The reception was kindly sponsored by Southwest Distillery, who provided their Tarquin's Gin - directly from Cornwall! The feedback on the quality of the Cornish gin was fantastic and we're sure that many of our international guests will be seeking it out online.
- Education & Careers events (also through Oct-Nov): Goonhilly staff presented our educational programmes, advice on careers in the space sector, and training/apprenticeship offers during the Cornwall Careers Offer Launch on 29th September and Next Steps SW's Be Inspired at Eden event on 4th October, both at the Eden Project in St. Austell. We also hosted a stand together with Spaceport Cornwall at the Cornwall Skills Show at the Bloodhound SSC event at Cornwall Airport Newquay on 30th October.
- IOP Science Ambassador Training Day (on-site)
- Goonhilly & The Spaceport Initiative meets 5° - Mix & Mingle at Goonhilly: Together with the Women in Aerospace Europe (UK) group, we hosted an afternoon of presentations around Goonhilly and the Spaceport Initiative. Key speakers included Melissa Thorpe from Aerohub, and Deputy CEO of the UK Space Agency Ross James. The afternoon was rounded of by our 5° networking reception.
- Goonhilly Year 12 Summer School (on-site)
- Jump Start AgriTech, Tremough Innovation Centre, Cornwall, UK
- Independence Day - Maximising Technology in Health Care, Falmouth University, Cornwall, UK
- UK Space Conference, Manchester, UK
- Applications of Satellite Technologies in the Mining Sector Workshop (on-site), through Satellite Applications Catapult
March 2017 - Goonhilly Year 10 Work Experience