Mission Operations Training
Our annual Mission Operations training course provides delegates with a wide curriculum of theoretical and practical sessions providing a complete grounding in Space Mission Operations.
The principal objective of the course is to provide participants with a solid theoretical basis for the main activities in space mission operations, supported by practical exercises where possible to consolidate the learning experience.
- functions of space operations systems (and requirements, constraints)
- orbital mechanics and how it drives operational concept design
- space missions communications network systems
- satellite communications principles including analysis of the key parameters of system design
- link budget calculations and trade-off issues with other aspects of mission design
- mission planning and operations through the mission lifetime
- operations approaches in ground and space segment
- system architecture from a data flow point of view
- conventional commercial satellite operations, and emerging low cost approaches
- telemetry and telecommanding in typical mission operations centres.